Renowned spine surgeon Dr. Richard Francis has just been named one of the Texas Super Doctors of 2015 for the 5th year in a row. The number of doctors receiving this honor is limited to approximately five percent of the regions active physicians. Dr. Francis is the founder of Spine Associates in Houston and Beaumont Texas and has been practicing for over 27 years.
Each year, MSP Communications undertakes a rigorous multi-phase selection process that includes a survey of doctors, independent evaluation of candidates by the research staff, a peer review of candidates by practice area and a good-standing and disciplinary check. As a part of this evaluation, physicians are asked to consider the following question: “If you needed medical care in one of the following practice areas, which doctor would you choose?”
It is always a huge honor to be named to the Super Doctors List, the process of nomination by his peers and for his professional achievements is one of many requirements and not easy to attain. Dr. Francis is widely known for his very personal attention to each and every patient, is one of a few spine specialists who treat children and adults with spine deformities such as scoliosis and kyphosis. Dr. Francis also helps those with degenerative conditions, tumors, sciatica, and metabolic diseases, and performs Revision and Reconstructive surgery as well as General surgery and sees patients from around the world.
Dr. Francis is proud to be affiliated with the following hospitals:
1. Houston Orthopedic & Spine Hospital
2. Westside Surgical Hospital
3. Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
4. St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital
5. First Street Surgical Hospital
THE SUPER DOCTORS SELECTION PROCESS
In selecting physicians for Super Doctors, MSP Communications employs a rigorous multi-step process designed to identify physicians who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Super Doctors is a selective yet diverse listing of outstanding doctors, representing consumer-oriented medical specialties.
Survey of Doctors
• First, a pool of candidates is created. Each year MSP Communications invites doctors to nominate colleagues they know to be exceptional in their specified field. Physicians are asked to consider the following question: “If you needed medical care in one of the following specialties, which doctor would you choose?” Numerous safeguards are in place to prevent ballot manipulation and doctors may not self-nominate.
• MSP Communications research staff also contributes to the pool of candidates by searching medical databases, online sources, and publications for doctors who have attained certain credentials, honors or professional achievements – what they term ‘Star Search Credentials.’ This process also includes physicians in less visible or highly specialized medical treatment areas.
Candidates are then evaluated on 10 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement.
• Years of experience
• Hospital appointments
• Professional activities
• Leadership positions
• Academic achievements/positions
• Board certifications
• Publications, lectures & presentations
• Honors and awards
• Other outstanding achievement
Blue Ribbon Panel Review
• Nominees are then grouped into specialties. Doctors, in each area, who have the highest scores from the nomination and evaluation steps are invited to serve on a “blue ribbon panel.” Each panelist is asked to review and evaluate a list of nominees from his/her area of focus.
The Final Selection
• The last step is to total the points received from nominations, research, and blue ribbon panel review. Only the highest-scoring doctors are included on the Super Doctors list. The Super Doctors list is approximately 5% of the physicians within the respective state or region.
• Each candidate is contacted to verify the doctor’s professional information. Physicians are asked to verify they have not been subject to disciplinary or criminal proceedings. The research staff also independently reviews the discipline record of each candidate before publication and verifies that the doctor is active and in good standing.
For more information about Dr. Richard Francis call his office at 713-383-7100 or Visit the Website at http://www.myspineassociates.com/our-services/
Name: Keith Robinson
Organization: Spine Associates
Source URL: http://www.prreach.com/pr/18805
Release ID: 86749