Lignin is a natural and renewable raw material and is available at an affordable price. As a result, its applications are consistently increasing, owing to its organic nature. —
Some of the major commercial applications included in the report are namely, animal feed additives; agriculture; construction; dyestuff dispersants; industrial cleaners & water treatment; oil field chemicals; industrial binders; emulsions; carbon black dispersions; battery additives; road & soil dust control; and others. Among the aforementioned applications, the lignin products are majorly used in the animal feed additives industry. The Global Animal Feed Additives Industry is expected to grow at the CAGR of around 4% during the forecast period 2016-2021. Thus, the increasing demand for animal feed additives, owing to increasing livestock population (because of rising meat consumption) and growing livestock disease outbreak, is expected to drive the lignin market from 2016 to 2021.
Request Sample of this Report at: http://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/218258
Lignin is an attractive raw material for value-added product development. It is a polyaromatic macromolecule thought to be a petroleum progenitor with a reported worldwide production of approximately 100 million tons/year. The demand for ligno-sulphonate has been growing at around 1.4% per year and generally varies in line with overall economic growth. The largest markets for ligno-sulphonate worldwide are the USA, Western Europe, China and Central & Eastern Europe.
Isolated lignin is currently used in a wide range of low volume, niche applications where the form but not the quality is important. The solubility of the lignin in water is an important requirement for these applications and when chemically modified to become water soluble, the lignin product is known as a ligno-sulphonate. Around 67.5% of world consumption of ligno-sulphonate in 2008 was for dispersant applications followed by the binder and adhesive applications at 32.5%. The major end-use markets include construction, mining, animal feeds and agriculture.
Market Dynamics of the Global Lignin Products Market:
• Stringent regulations for dust control
• Increasing demand for animal feed
• Rising need for high quality concrete admixtures
• Increasing use of lignin as dispersants
• Gap between R&D and consumer products
• Low consumer awareness
The total worldwide kraft pulp production is 130 million ton/yr. There is an estimated 70 million tons of lignin available from pulping processes worldwide, but much of this is not isolated but burned onsite to provide steam for heat and power production. The global production of isolated lignin for ligno-sulphonate production is currently around 1.3 million tons. The market is mature and growing slowly. A total 1 million tons is derived from the acid sulphite pulping process. The remaining 104,000 tons is derived from the kraft pulping process.
Lignin is predominately burnt in a chemical recovery process where it is an integral part of the paper and board manufacturing industries. As a result, less than 2% of the available lignin is isolated and sold, primarily in the formulation of dispersants, adhesives and surfactants. However, lignin-based product development is essential under the bio-refinery concept as aging pulp and paper mills need to diversify their products portfolio to maintain existence and the emerging biofuel/bioenergy technologies need to develop value-added co-products from lignin and bio-oil as a means of making the processes more cost effective.
Enquire more about this Report before Purchase at: http://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/enquiry-before-buying/218258
Globally, lignin market was highly concentrated, with top ten players accounting for over 90% share of the global market in 2015. The lignin market is highly concentrated, with top five players accounting for more than 85% share of the global market in 2015.
The key players operating in the lignin market include:
1. Aditya Birla Chemicals
2. Asian Lignin Manufacturing Pvt. Ltd.
3. Borregaard LignoTech
4. Changzhou Shanfeng Chemical Industry Co. Ltd.
5. DomsjÃ¶ Fabriker AB
6. Domtar Corporation
7. Green Value
8. Guangdong Jiangmen Ganhua Co. Ltd.
9. Lignol Energy Corporation
10. Liquid Lignin Company LLC
11. Mead-Westvaco (MWV)
12. Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd.
13. Northway Lignin Chemical
14. Tembec Inc.
15. The Dallas Group of America, Inc.
Key Deliverables in the Study:
• Market analysis for the global lignin product market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
• Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
• Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
• Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global lignin product market on both global and regional scale.
• A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
• A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
• Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Purchase Copy of this Report at: http://www.orbisresearch.com/contact/purchase/218258
Name: Hector Costello
Email: Send Email
Organization: Orbis Research
Phone: +1 (214) 884-6817
Release ID: 188450