The right kind of funding and digital guidance will see the education sector making headway to digital transformation in 2017 —
As technology takes over traditional learning to enable students access information from anywhere, on any device, and at their own pace, alternative mediums such as adaptive and blended learning are becoming a norm to impart education in schools and universities today.
Consequently, survey of 158 educational institutions reveals that respondents are keen on investing in core areas of technologies, including hardware, software, and IT services.
GET SAMPLE REPORT @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/sample-request/2368358-ict-investment-trends-in-education-digital-transformation-influencing-institutions-it-investments
The survey further reveals that aggressive growth in the use of client computing devices among educational institutions is catapulting greater investments in the hardware segment.
As a result, institutions allocated a major and equal proportion (28%) of their external ICT budget to the hardware segment, both in 2016 and 2017.
Additionally, the survey finds that educational institutions are –
• Increasing their spend on sophisticated software to provides students’ access to mobile, virtual, and digital classroom resources.
• Allocating the highest proportion of their average telecommunications budget to network services to facilitate programs such as distance education services to schools and departments.
• Investing in disruptive technologies such as cloud and IoT to achieve scalability and flexibility.
• Relying on the decisions of the top level management for the purchase of big data and analytics solutions.
• Prioritizing investments in ICT training for teaching staff and student information systems.
Table of Content: Key Points
Key implications for ICT vendors
ICT budget changes
ICT budget allocation by core technology area
Hardware budget breakdown
Software budget breakdown
Third-party IT services expenditure
Cloud computing budget
ICT budget allocation by function
Outsourced IT functions
ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
Internet of Things (IoT)
ACCESS REPORT @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/reports/2368358-ict-investment-trends-in-education-digital-transformation-influencing-institutions-it-investments
Get in touch:
Name: NORAH TRENT
Email: Send Email
Organization: WISEGUY RESEARCH CONSULTANTS PVT LTD
Address: Office No. 528, Amanora Chambers
Phone: +91 841 198 5042
Release ID: 255114