Freeze-dried microbial culture is the best dehydrated form, due to its high shelf-life and product quality. Functional dairy and fermented drink products have created a huge competition among freeze-dried microbial culture companies. The global freeze-dried microbial food culture market is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period of 2017â€“2022, to reach USD XX billion by 2022. —
Request sample copy of this report at:
Freeze-drying produces a superior quality culture by facilitating long-term storage and retaining the intact structure of the culture by minimizing the damage that may be caused by other drying methods. The increased shelf-life makes it a profitable product during its supply chain. Moreover, the cultures retain their original shape, while being light-weight, which makes them convenient for transportation. Freeze-dried cultures can be easily revived after prolonged storage by adding liquid medium, and transferring the rehydrated culture to a suitable growth medium. Consumer demand for freeze-dried cultures is also growing mainly due to their convenience; consumers mostly use these cultures to prepare home-made yogurt and sourdough bread. Freeze-dried cultures are preferred for probiotic food and fermented drink applications. The demand for fermented foods is growing rapidly due to the increased consumer awareness, which is another growth factor for the market. However, freeze-drying of cultures is an expensive process, and large-scale production of the cultures is not very favourable. Availability of other microbial cultures, such as spray dried culture and liquid microbial culture, are affecting the market.
Read more details of the report at Orbis Research
The dairy-based segment holds the largest share in the market due to the massive consumption of dairy products, followed by the beverage market.
By geography, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Africa. North America and Europe hold the largest markets in the freeze-dried microbial culture market due to the high technological advancements and increased consumption of fermented food products. The Asia-Pacific market is expected to grow fast during the forecast period. In the developed regions, such as North America and Europe, the application of freeze-dried cultures in dairy-based products and fermented beverages is growing at a fast rate, which is another major driver for the market.
Some of the major players capturing the market include -
• Chr. Hansen
• Lallemand Inc.
• Lesaffre Group
• Nebraska Cultures Inc. (U.S.)
• Direct NewGen
Recent Industry Insights
â€œDSMâ€™s new freeze-dried Delvo ® cultures support sustainable production of set yogurt.â€
The focus on reducing production costs through innovative methods will be the future spotlight for the market. The viability of freeze-dried cultures is very crucial, and studies on using varied protective agents to maintain the culture are being conducted. These are some attracting points for research in the field.
Key Deliverables in the Study
• Market analysis for the global freeze-dried microbial food culture market, with region- specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
• Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
• Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
• Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global microbial food culture market on both, global and regional scales.
• A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
• A wide-ranging knowledge and insight about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
• Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped.
Enquire more details of the report at: http://www.orbisresearch.com/contact/purchase/321458
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
Senior Manager – Client Engagements
4144N Central Expressway,
Suite 600, Dallas,
Texas – 75204, U.S.A.
Phone No.: +1 (214) 884-6817; +9164101019
Name: Hector Costello
Email: Send Email
Organization: Orbis Research
Address: 4144N Central Expressway, Suite 600, Dallas, Texas - 75204, U.S.A.
Phone: +1 (214) 884-6817
Release ID: 220868