Market Overview —
The demand for atomic layer deposition (ALD) solutions is increasing, as it enables the use of new materials and designs for advanced chip manufacturing. ALD is considered as one of the superior deposition methods, for producing conformal and thin films. Moreover, it is a key procedure in the fabrication of the semiconductor devices based on the sequential use of gas phase chemical procedure. ALD is currently rapidly evolving, mostly driven by the continuous trend to miniaturize electronic devices.
Request for a free sample report here https://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/3586925
- The growing use of ALD film coating techniques in the fabrication of a variety of electronic devices and components in the semiconductor industry is one of the significant factors driving the growth of the market. The growing use of component miniaturization is also contributing positively to the growth of the market.
- The market is also witnessing an increase in the demand for ALD in photovoltaic (PV) cells, thereby leading to its growth. With the advancements in technology, the use of ALD as manipulation and fabrication tools in nanotechnology is anticipated to accelerate.
Scope of the Report
Atomic Layer Deposition, an advanced deposition technique allows ultra-thin films of a few nanometres to be deposited in a precisely controlled way. ALD provides excellent thickness control and uniformity, it also enables 3D structures to be covered with a conformal coating for high-aspect-ratio structures. The self-limiting nature of the process and the related capacity for conformal deposition are the basis for its importance as a scaling and 3D enabler.
For more Information or Any Query Visit: https://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/enquiry-before-buying/3586925
Key Market Trends
Increase in Demand for Microelectronics and Consumer Electronics to Fuel the Demand
- The rise in the sale of microelectronics and consumer electronics is expected to fuel the demand for semiconductor ICs, during the forecast period. The increase in demand for semiconductor ICs is projected to improve the production capacity of semiconductor device manufacturers, which, in turn, would augment the demand for the atomic layer deposition market.
- Besides, governments and industry stakeholders are keenly following the advancements in the microelectronics industry, as these technologies might potentially disrupt and boost the Internet of Things. The industry has been investing in enhancing chip performance too. For e.g. in June 2018, Applied Materials Inc. announced a breakthrough in materials engineering, which accelerates chip performance in the AI and Big Data era. The company’s unique integrated materials solution combines dry clean, ALD, PVD, and CVD on the Endura platform, enabling the customers to quicken the adoption of cobalt.
- Many manufacturing companies prefer the atomic layer deposition technique to produce smaller components with comparatively low costs with the demand for miniaturization growing every day. As device requirements push towards smaller and more spatially demanding structures, ALD has demonstrated potential advantages over alternative deposition methods, such as chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and various physical vapor deposition (PVD) techniques, due to its conformality and control over materials thickness and composition. This broad adoption of ALD is expected to fuel the growth of the market studied.
Asia-Pacific Expected to Witness the Highest Growth Rate
- Asia-Pacific accounted for the most significant market share, in the atomic layer deposition equipment market. The growth of the regional market can be attributed to the progression of electronics and semiconductor industries, mainly in China. The deep-rooted electronics manufacturing base in China, South Korea, and Taiwan has led to an increased demand for deposition technologies.
- Further, in a region which has a lot restrictive regulatory policies on FDI across industries, according to the Economic Outlook for Southeast Asia, China and India 2018: Fostering Growth through Digitalisation report by OECD 2018, the electronics-manufacturing sector is more open to FDI, compared with the national averages for all sectors combined. Government policies have aided the establishment of the dynamic electronics industry in the region.
- The rise in industrialization and increase in the number of end-user industries in developing economies, such as China and India, have offered numerous untapped opportunities. Moreover, China, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan have led the ALD growth, due to increasing solar panel manufacturing and installations.
- Additionally, the rising demand for electronic components in the automotive industry is anticipated to increase the demand for semiconductors, in the region. This, in turn, directly impacts the growth of the market studied, in a positive manner.
Brows Full report @ https://www.orbisresearch.com/reports/index/atomic-layer-deposition-market-growth-trends-and-forecast-2019-2024
The Atomic Layer Deposition market has a number of significant players operating at the global and regional level. The major players include Applied Materials, Inc., Entegris, Inc., Oxford Instruments plc, Veeco Instruments, Inc., Lam Research Corporation, Tokyo Electron Limited, ASM International NV and a number of niche players completely dedicated to developing ALD technology-based tools and solutions. There has been a number of acquisitions, expansions, and strategic partnerships in this highly competitive market in the recent past.
- January 2019 - Semiconductor equipment solution providers, Oxford Instruments Plasma Technology and ULVAC Inc., announced a key partnership to bring leading-edge deposition and etch technology solutions to GaN and SiC-based Wide Band Gap production customers in Japan. Oxford Instruments Plasma Technology’s Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) and Atomic Layer Etch (ALE) are critical process steps for GaN and SiC-based devices to enable functionality and reliable device manufacturing.
- July 2018 - ASM International NV announced the expansion of its atomic layer deposition (ALD) portfolio with the Synergis 300 MM tool for advanced-node logic and memory high-volume production. The latest addition to ASM's industry-leading line of ALD tools addresses a wide range of thermal ALD applications.
- May 2017 - Veeco Instruments Inc. announced the successful completion of its acquisition of Ultratech, Inc., a leading supplier of lithography, laser-processing and inspection systems used to manufacture semiconductor devices and LEDs. With this acquisition, Veeco also gained control of Cambridge Nanotech(CNT), an Ultratech subsidiary.CNT, founded in 2003, grew directly out one of the foremost atomic layer deposition research groups in the world. The Gordon Lab at Harvard University.CNT acquisition helped Veeco to consolidate its position as the leading ALD supplier to academic and industrial institutions worldwide.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Direct purchase a single user copy of the report @ https://www.orbisresearch.com/contact/purchase-single-user/3586925
Name: Hector Costello
Email: Send Email
Organization: Orbis Research
Release ID: 88924064