Osteoporosis, the most common metabolic bone disease, is characterized by low bone mass, microarchitectural deterioration of bone tissue, and a consequent increase in fracture risk. Osteoporosis is generally known as an asymptomatic disease, as there are no visible signs until a fracture occur. In most of the cases, fracture is the clinical outcome associated with osteoporosis, and it has a complex pathogenesis that involves trauma to the bone and increased skeletal fragility. Osteoporosis is a major global public health problem, associated with significant morbidity, mortality, and socioeconomic burden. An aging global population will result in an increased number of people living with the condition, thereby acting as a driver for revenue growth. —
The osteoporosis market is undergoing a gradual transition from a focus on antiresorptive therapies to anabolic drug treatment. The market is set to be driven by recently launched products, and the approval of drugs that will supplement current market leaders and offer greater therapeutic options. The marketed products landscape comprises a wide range of treatment options, including bisphosphonates, SERMs, RANKL inhibitors, a dual-action non-bisphosphonate (strontium ranelate), calcitonins and PTH analogues. Nevertheless, significant unmet need remains for products that can improve bone formation, as well as effective antiresorptive therapies that offer increased compliance with few side effects.
Browse Detail Report With TOC @ http://www.hexareports.com/report/osteoporosis-therapeutics-in-asia-pacific-markets-to-2022/details
The osteoporosis Asia-Pacific market will be valued at $7.7 billion in 2022, growing from $4.5 billion in 2015 at a CAGR of 7.8%.
- Bisphosphonates and SERMs dominate the osteoporosis market. However, unmet needs exist in terms of safety and efficacy. Will the drugs under development fulfill the unmet needs of the osteoporosis market?
- How will immunotherapies such as Prolia contribute to growth?
- What effect will the patent expirations of currently branded therapies have on market value?
The pipeline contains a range of molecule types and molecular targets, including those that are well established in osteoporosis, and novel, first-in-class therapies.
- Which molecular targets appear most frequently in the pipeline?
- Is there strong potential for the pipeline to address unmet needs within the osteoporosis market?
- Will the pipeline address unmet needs related to limited anabolic therapies for osteoporosis patients?
The market forecasts indicate that Japan will contribute the most to the Asia-Pacific market value, due to the emergence of novel therapies.
- How will the annual cost of therapy and market size vary between the five Asia-Pacific markets?
- How could changes in risk factors such as aging population, calcium and vitamin D deficiency influence the market?
Various drivers and barriers will influence the market over the forecast period.
- What are the barriers that limit the uptake of premium-priced therapeutics in the assessed countries?
- Which factors are most likely to drive the market in these countries?
Category Related Market Report @
Global Insulin Market Professional Survey Report 2016 - http://www.hexareports.com/report/global-insulin-market-professional-survey-report-2016
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to -
- Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape by considering disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, prognosis, and the treatment options available at each stage of diagnosis, including a clinical comparison of marketed therapies.
- Visualize the composition of the osteoporosis market in terms of dominant therapies, with their clinical and commercial standing. Unmet needs are highlighted to allow a competitive understanding of gaps in the current market.
- Analyze the osteoporosis pipeline and stratify pipeline therapies by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target.
- Understand the potential of late-stage therapies, with extensive profiles of products that could enter the market over the forecast period, highlighting clinical performance, potential commercial positioning, - and how they will compete with other therapies.
- Predict osteoporosis market growth in the five Asia-Pacific markets with epidemiological and annual cost of therapy forecasts across India, China, Australia, South Korea and Japan, as well as individual contributions of promising late-stage molecules to market growth.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the osteoporosis deals landscape by analyzing trends in licensing and co-development deals.
Browse Our Latest Market Research Report @
Central African Republic: Improved Political Stability Cause for Guarded Optimism - http://www.hexareports.com/report/central-african-republic-improved-political-stability
Hexa Reports is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe.We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Name: Ryan Shaw
Email: Send Email
Organization: Hexa Reports
Address: Felton Office Plaza, 6265 Highway 9, Felton, California, 95018, United States
Release ID: 129506