The global varicose vein treatment market is expected to reach $475 million by 2024, according to new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The increasing technological advancements coupled with the increased availability of the advanced varicose vein treatment devices and shift towards less-invasive procedures are the contributing factors for the growth of the market. —
The huge burden of vascular diseases in Europe and North America and the increasing patient compliance and reliability, growth in healthcare expenditure, and the rapid growth in geriatric population is majorly driving the varicose vein procedure market.
The upward trend in lifestyle disorders, such as increasing obesity, sleep disorders, blood pressure levels, hormonal changes, genetic disorders and pregnancy are the few major factors contributing to the peripheral vascular diseases. Untreated venous insufficiency, such as varicose vein and venous ulcers cause progressive syndromes including chronic veinous insufficiency. In 2015, according to FutSci, chronic veinous insufficiency is widespread and is a socially isolating condition caused in adults. It is the most common disease in the world and is estimated to affect 5% of the population in the Western countries.
Access full research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/varicose-vein-treatment-devices-market
• In 2015, the sclerotherapy segment was identified as the most profitable procedure owing to the benefits, such as the requirement of minimal incision and reduced scarring, related to the procedure. Moreover,the following advantages: increased penetration, cost and time efficiency, reduced risk of collateral damage to surrounding tissues, fewer post-operative complications, and painless procedure are the main contributors for the growth of this segment.
• The endovenous ablation segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment due to the benefits of short treatment time and improved blood circulation after the procedure. The ClosureFast technique in the endovenous ablation treatment segmenthas gained momentum due to the minimized side effects, potential cost-saving ability, and better patient outcomes.
• In 2015, the endovenous chemoablation or chemical sclerosis segment was the most widely used medical procedure among the ablation procedures. Sclerotherapy, intense-pulsed-light therapy, laser ablation, radiofrequency, and ambulatory phlebectomy are the modern techniques that are usedmore oftendue to their less invasive nature.
• In 2016, North America held the largest market share due to the increasing incidence rate of varicose and spider vein in the population, favourable reimbursement policies, increased healthcare awareness, government spending, and the rising aesthetic awareness in the region
• As of 2016, Europe is characterized by a shift towards less-invasive procedures in treating large varicose veins. It is expected to witness a high growth rate over the forecast period due to the favorable government initiatives and advanced treatment procedures.
• The Asia Pacific is expected to register the fastest growth due to factors, such as the improving healthcare infrastructure, the increase in patient awareness level regarding the benefits of early treatment of the varicose veins, and the rising disposable income
• Some key players of the market include Quanta Systems S.p.A, Vascular Solutions, Inc., Eufoton S.R.L, Energist Group, Medtronic plc, Dornier MedTech GmbH, Lumenis Ltd., Syneron Medical Ltd., Biolitec AG, and AngioDynamics, Inc.
• AngioDynamics, Inc. and MerzPharma GmbH & Co. KGaAin North America established a multi-year relationship to market Asclera for patients with peripheral vascular diseases.In the U.S,.MerzPharma GmbH & Co. KGaAserves as the exclusive distributor of the Asclera Injection. Asclera is approved for the treatment of spider and reticular veins, which showed good improvement in 95% of the patients treated with asclera.
• In 2016, Medtronic plc acquired Italian hemodialysis player Bellco, Inc.This acquisition is projected to enable the medical device giant to gain market position in newly formed renal care solution business.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
Varicose Vein Treatment Outlook By Type (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
• Endovenous Ablation
• Laser Ablation
• Radiofrequency Ablation
Varicose Vein Treatment Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
• North America
• Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
• Rest of Asia Pacific
• Latin America
• Rest of Latin America
• South Africa
• Rest of MEA
Access press release of this research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-cosmetic-dentistry-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services.
Name: Sherry James
Email: Send Email
Organization: Grand View Research, Inc.
Address: 28 2nd Street, Suite 3036, San Francisco, California, 94105
Release ID: 128316