Global In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) market is expected to reach USD 27 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is driven by the increasing incidence of infertility owing to, lifestyle changes, expansion of fertility procedures for treating male infertility such as ICSI, government initiatives to provide better reimbursement policies, and continuous efforts by the industry contributors. —
Moreover, the availability of genomic testing enabling the prevention of the transfer of genetic disease during IVF use is further expected to drive the market demand. The increase in the number of IVF treatment has led more insurance players to cover the IVF procedures. This has ultimately led to competitive pricing and has moderated the treatment costs as IVF has been a successfully practiced technology. This will most likely drive the market by introducing treatment standardization and automation.
The behavioral shift in the society is a major factor contributing to the decreased Total Fertility Rate (TFR). These factors include an increasing number of women in the labor force, the increased age of the first birth, a shift from rural to urban societies, lower marriage rates, postponement of marriage, and greater levels of education for women.
Obesity is another factor, which has led to an increase in infertility in the population. This is due to the fact that the fat deposited on women’s abdomen prevents follicular stimulation and produces male hormones. In the case of males, the rising fat decreases testosterone levels causing a problem in sperm production. Doctors have started recommending weight loss in men prior to fertility treatments along with proper Body Mass Index (BMI) maintenance. The U.S. Endocrine Society has established the use of Letrozole to increase the testosterone levels in obese patients.
Access Full Research Report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/in-vitro-fertilization-market
• Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) dominated the market in 2014.ICSI was introduced in the year 1992 and boosted the fertility rates from 50% to 80%, according to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. In April 2016, Nigeria recorded its first successful delivery from a frozen egg. Bridge Clinic has stored the eggs using the flash-freezing technique. With this birth, Nigeria has put itself on the global map as it now offers IVF through frozen eggs. The eggs were then fertilized using the ICSI technique.
• Frozen Embryo Replacement (FER) technique is expected to witness a rapid rise in demand. Conventionally, most embryos were transferred through fresh cycles. However, with technology refinement, the number of frozen embryo transfers and the success rates has increased. Moreover, the policy of freezing the embryos has also reduced the chances of ovarian hyper-stimulation. The frozen embryo transfers enable single egg transfer, thus, giving enough time for the endometrial layer to heal from the medicine stimulation effect. This ensures higher success rates.
• Culture media dominated the overall market in terms of revenue in 2014. With the increasing government funding and industrial support for employees for egg/sperm freezing, the demand for cryopreservation and the needed media for it is expected to witness growth. There has been an increase in the research activities undertaken to improve the culture media and to procure maximum boar sperms or eggs, spurring market growth. Moreover, the increasing number of egg/sperm donor banks is expected to drive the demand for sperm, egg, and embryo processing media during the forecast period.
Request for free sample of this research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/in-vitro-fertilization-market/request
IVF Procedures Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
• Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
• Frozen Embryo Replacement (FER)
• Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
IVF Types of Cycles Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
• Fresh Donor
• Frozen Donor
• Fresh Non-donor
• Frozen Non-donor
IVF Instruments Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
• IVD Disposable Devices
• Culture Media
• Capital Equipment
IVF Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
• North America
• Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
• Rest of Asia Pacific
• Latin America
• Rest of Latin America
• South Africa
• Rest of MEA
Access press release of this research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-ivf-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services.
Name: Sherry James
Email: Send Email
Organization: Grand View Research, Inc.
Address: 28 2nd Street, Suite 3036, San Francisco, California, 94105
Release ID: 123880