Direct Drive Wind Turbine and Gearbox Market 2017 - Global Market Size, Manufacturers, Competitive Landscape, and Key Country Analysis to 2021 report offer comprehensive information and understanding of the global wind gearbox and direct-drive market. The report analysis the current trend and future potential of wind gearbox and direct-drive market at global, regional (Asia-Pacific, Americas, Europe, and Middle East and Africa (EMEA)) and key countries (the US, Canada, Brazil, India, China, Australia, Germany, France, South Africa, and the UK) level. The eight major countries in the world accounted for 80% of the global cumulative wind capacity installations in 2016. —
Get Sample report at: http://www.reportsnreports.com/contacts/requestsample.aspx?name=1173493.
In terms of cumulative installed capacity, China is the largest player and contributed 34.2% to the global wind power capacity, followed by the US with 16.9%. Report covers, an insight into the market in terms of value and volume for the historic period 2011-2016 and forecast period 2017-2021, drivers and restraints, key projects and competitive landscape for respective countries.
Gearbox is the equipment that connects blades to the turbine, and it is this which, combined with a generator, generates electricity from wind energy. The main types of gearbox used in the wind industry are planetary gearboxes and helical gearboxes. The value of the global gearbox market increased from $3.42 billion in 2011 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 3.2% till 2016. The main reason for the growth was due to the increase in annual wind capacity additions primarily in the Asia-Pacific region. During the forecast period, the average cost of a gearbox unit is expected to decline due to economies of scale and maturity of wind gearbox technology. As a result, the value of the global wind gearbox market is expected to decline at a negative CAGR of 2.5% between 2016 and 2021. The market is dominated by independent wind gearbox suppliers, namely China High Speed Transmission Equipment, ZF Wind, and Winergy.
Get discount at: http://www.reportsnreports.com/contacts/discount.aspx?name=1173493. This report is available at 15% Discount for Single User License and 20% Discount for Corporate Users License till 01 September 2017.
Direct-drive wind turbines, powered by direct-drive generators with no gearbox requirements, improve the performance and reliability over conventional wind turbines. The share of global wind turbine installations accounted for by direct-drive turbines increased from around 24.9% in 2011 to 25.2% in 2016 and is expected to increase another 7% during the forecast period (2017-2021) to reach 32.2% in 2021.
The market is witnessing an uptake in the direct-drive technology due to higher failure rates in some of the wind gearbox components. Some 67% of wind gearbox failures are due to bearings. The axial cracks formed during high- or intermediate-speed stages are the leading cause of bearing failures. Other general reasons for failure are inappropriate design in gearbox unit, extreme weather situations, underestimated design load, torque load, manufacturing errors, misalignment of component in shaft, damage during transportation and assembling or installation, etc.
The German-based Enercon GmbH and the Chinese-based Xinjiang Goldwind Science & Technology Co., Ltd. (Goldwind) and Xiangtan Electric Manufacturing Group Co., Ltd (XEMC) are major companies currently engaged in the manufacture of direct-drive turbines. Wind turbine original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) such as Siemens and GE that typically use gearbox turbines have started adopting direct-drive turbine technology due to its increased benefits.
Purchase this report at http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx?name=1173493.
The report analyses wind gearbox and direct-drive market. Its scope includes –
- Analysis of the growth of wind gearbox and direct-drive market with a focus on market value in global and regional level including Asia-Pacific, Americas, Europe, and Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
- The report provides wind gearbox and direct-drive market analysis for key countries including the US, Canada, Brazil, India, China, Australia, Germany, France, South Africa, and the UK.
- The report offers country level wind gearbox market value and volume and direct-drive market volume for the historical (2011-2016) and forecast (2017-2021) periods.
- Qualitative analysis of key market drivers and restraints, and analysis of their impacts on wind gearbox and direct-drive market are discussed.
- Report also provides an insight into wind gearbox and direct-drive drivers and restraints, overview of wind power markets showing top countries for 2016, wind turbine cost-component analysis, wind turbine and wind gearbox component failure rate, wind gearbox value-chain analysis, major wind power projects, and competitive snapshot at global and country level for the year 2016.
Reasons to buy:
- Facilitate decision-making by analyzing market data on wind gearbox and direct-drive.
- Develop strategies based on developments in the wind gearbox and direct-drive market.
- Identify key partners and business-development avenues, based on an understanding of the movements of the major competitors in the wind gearbox and direct-drive market.
- Respond to your competitors business structure, strategies, and prospects.
Major Table of content:
Table 1: Wind Power, Global, Market Volume (GW), 2011-2021
Table 2: Wind Power, Global, Cumulative Installed Capacity (GW) by Region, 2016 and 2021
Table 3: Wind Turbine, Global, Cost-Component Analysis (%), 2016
Table 4: Wind Gearbox and Direct-Drive, Global, Market Snapshot
Table 5: Wind Gearbox, Global, New Installation, Market Value ($bn), 2011-2021
Table 6: Wind Gearbox and Direct-Drive, Global, New Installation, Market Volume (GW and Units), 2011-2021
Table 7: Wind Gearbox, Global, Refurbishment, Market Value ($bn), 2016-2021
Table 8: Wind Gearbox, Global, Refurbishment, Market Volume (GW and Units), 2016-2021
Table 9: Wind Gearbox, Global, Competitive Landscape (%), 2016
ReportsnReports.com is an online database of market research reports offer in-depth analysis of over 5000 market segments. The library has syndicated reports by leading market research publishers across the globe and also offer customized market research reports for multiple industries.
2nd Floor, Metropole,
Bund Garden Road,
Pune – 411001,
Tel: + 1 888 391 5441
Name: Hrishikesh Patwardhan
Email: Send Email
Release ID: 235059