"The Cards and Payments Industry in Bahrain: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2021", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Bahraini cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including credit transfers, payment cards and checks during the review period (2012-2016).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review period and over the forecast period (2017-2021). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
GET SAMPLE REPORT @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/sample-request/1306933-the-cards-and-payments-industry-in-bahrain-emerging-trends-and-opportunities
National Bank of Bahrain
Ahli United Bank
Bahrain Islamic Bank
Credimax - BBK
Standard Chartered Bank
The report brings together research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
The report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Bahraini cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Bahraini cards and payments industry, including debit and credit cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, checks and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis .
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Bahraini cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit and credit cards.
- To encourage consumers to use credit cards, the Industry, Commerce and Tourism minister of Bahrain issued a directive in January 2016, preventing banks and merchants from imposing surcharges to credit card users. According to the country’s Consumer Protection Law, a fine of up to US$26,595.7 (BHD10,000) can be charged to companies violating this directive.
- Direct carrier billing is gaining traction in Bahrain. Telecoms Company Viva Bahrain, for instance, partnered with Google to launch its direct carrier billing service in the country in October 2016. It can be used by both prepaid and postpaid customers of Viva Bahrain to buy apps, games and eBooks on the Google Play store. The transaction amount is charged to the customer’s mobile phone bill. Similarly, the telecom operator Zain Bahrain partnered with the mobile solutions provider SLA Mobile and Microsoft to launch a direct carrier billing service, Zain Pay, in Bahrain in March 2015. Furthermore, mobile payment provider Fortumo launched direct carrier billing services in Bahrain in June 2014.
- Government and payment participants are making concentrated efforts to develop e-commerce in the country. For instance, the government organized the third edition of the e-commerce Forum/Exhibition in March 2016. The event featured an exhibition for both public and private sector companies to help them become e-businesses. Similarly, Credimax-BBK (Credimax) organized an e-commerce workshop in April 2015, which focused on the government’s role in supporting various e-commerce initiatives, and the importance of new technology, innovations and business opportunities to develop e-commerce in Bahrain.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Bahraini cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Bahraini cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Bahraini cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Bahrain.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Bahraini cards and payments industry.
Table of Content: Key Points
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 2
1.1 Market overview 2
1.2 Key facts 3
1.3 Top five industry events 4
2 PAYMENT INSTRUMENTS 10
2.1 Current payment environment 10
3 E-COMMERCE AND ALTERNATIVE PAYMENTS 12
3.1 E-Commerce market analysis 12
3.2 Alternative payment solutions 13
3.2.1 PayPal 13
3.2.2 Viva Bahrain - Direct Carrier Billing 13
3.2.3 Zain Pay 13
3.2.4 Fortumo 13
3.2.5 CashU 13
4 REGULATIONS IN THE CARDS AND PAYMENTS INDUSTRY 14
ACCESS REPORT @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/reports/1306933-the-cards-and-payments-industry-in-bahrain-emerging-trends-and-opportunities
Get in touch:
Name: NORAH TRENT
Email: Send Email
Organization: WISEGUY RESEARCH CONSULTANTS PVT LTD
Address: Office No. 528, Amanora Chambers
Phone: +91 841 198 5042
Release ID: 280933