"The Cards and Payments Industry in Azerbaijan: Emerging trends and opportunities to 2020" report provides detailed analysis of market trends in Azerbaijan's cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including credit transfers, and payment cards during the review-period (2012-16e).
GET SAMPLE REPORT @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/sample-request/1613953-the-cards-and-payments-industry-in-azerbaijan-emerging-trends-and-opportunities
International Bank of Azerbaijan
Bank of Baku
Yapi Kredi Bank
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2016-20f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings togethe research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
The report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into Azerbaijan's cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in Azerbaijan's cards and payments industry, including debit and credit cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing Azerbaijan's cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, and credit cards.
- To promote electronic payments and to reduce dependence on cash, the government introduced a new regulation in December 2016, according to which monthly cash transactions are capped at $16,650.90 (AZN30,000) for VAT-registered businesses with monthly transactions over $111,006.30 (AZN200,000). Similarly, monthly cash payments for other tax payers have been limited to $8,325.50 (AZN15,000). All transactions over the relevant value must be paid electronically. The regulation was made effective from January 1, 2017 for other tax payers, and from 1 April, 2017 for VAT-registered tax payers. These measures are aimed at encouraging cashless payments.
- Banks are now also offering dual cards with the functionality of both debit and credit cards. Kapital Bank introduced the Visa Dual Card in Azerbaijan in May 2016, the first debit and credit card utilizing only one chip. The chip of the new card contains the numbers of both cards, which enables the card holder to use it as a debit and a credit card. The card can be linked to more than one account, in currencies including Azerbaijani manats, US dollars, and euros.
- Growth in the payment cards market has encouraged several international payment processors to establish their operations in the country. For instance, JCB International, the international operations unit of Japanese credit card issuer and acquirer JCB, launched JCB merchant acquiring operations in Azerbaijan with the International Bank of Azerbaijan (IBA) in February 2016. The move enables JCB cards to be accepted at all the bank's acceptance locations across Azerbaijan.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to Azerbaijan's cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in Azerbaijan's cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in Azerbaijan's cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Azerbaijan.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing Azerbaijan's cards and payments industry.
Table of Content: Key Points
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 2
1.1. Market overview 2
1.2. Key facts 3
1.3. Top five industry events 4
2. PAYMENT INSTRUMENTS 10
2.1. Current payment environment 10
3. E-COMMERCE AND ALTERNATIVE PAYMENTS 12
3.1. E-commerce market analysis 12
3.2. Alternative payment solutions 13
3.2.1. PayPal 13
3.2.2. Wallet One 13
3.2.3. Azerpay 13
3.2.4. Visa QIWI wallet 14
3.2.5. Fortumo 14
3.2.6. AzeriCard mobile payment service 14
4. REGULATIONS IN THE CARDS AND PAYMENTS INDUSTRY 15
4.1. Regulatory framework 15
4.1.1. Regulatory requirements for card issuance 15
4.1.2. Regulatory requirements for the issue of corporate cards 15
4.1.3. Regulatory framework for the conduct of card operations 15
4.1.4. Framework for risk management 16
4.2. Anti-money laundering 16
4.3. Foreign direct investment regulations 16
5. ANALYSIS OF CARDS AND PAYMENTS INDUSTRY DRIVERS 17
6. PAYMENT CARDS 19
7. DEBIT CARDS 21
7.1. Debit card market analysis 21
ACCESS REPORT @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/reports/1613953-the-cards-and-payments-industry-in-azerbaijan-emerging-trends-and-opportunities
Get in touch:
Name: NORAH TRENT
Email: Send Email
Organization: WISEGUY RESEARCH CONSULTANTS PVT LTD
Address: Office No. 528, Amanora Chambers
Phone: +91 841 198 5042
Release ID: 281652