Barry R. Eichen, Shareholder at Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow, LLP, has been named a 2021 Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers for his work in Mass Torts/Class Action – Plaintiffs. —
“Class action lawsuits are among the best tools the public has when it comes to holding companies accountable for their negligence,” said Shareholder Barry Eichen. “It requires a tremendous amount of work on behalf of the lawyer and managers, and a tremendous amount of resources, but it is often the only way for large groups of people to get justice. I’m very proud of the work I have done to help people and honored to be recognized for that work.”
Mr. Eichen has been recognized by Best Lawyers since 2013. This is the second time Mr. Eichen has been recognized as a Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in this practice area, having been honored in 2016.
About Best Lawyers’ “Lawyer of the Year” awards
Best Lawyers “is the oldest and most respected peer review publication in the legal profession.” Each year, it awards honors a limited number of attorneys “with the highest overall peer-feedback” as Lawyer of the Year. These awards are only granted to one attorney in any given location and practice area. Mr. Eichen was selected as the honoree in Mass Torts/Class Action – Plaintiffs in the Woodbridge, NJ area.
About Barry R. Eichen
Barry R. Eichen is an award-winning trial attorney and a Certified Civil Trial Attorney. He focuses on personal injury, products liability, medical malpractice, and wrongful death for both individual clients and classes. He sits on the Board of Governors for the American Association for Justice and has been recognized by Super Lawyers since 2006 for his work in medical malpractice.
Mr. Eichen has tried more than 100 cases to jury and has secured significant verdicts and settlements for his clients. Among the most notable are:
• $3.75B national settlement for Fen-Phen diet injuries; Mr. Eichen sat on the New Jersey Fen-Phen Steering Committee.
• $51M verdict against multiple drug companies for price manipulation; Mr. Eichen served as co-counsel on behalf of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
• $41.5M class action settlement against the manufacturers of Zetia and Vytorin, a medication with no apparent benefits; Mr. Eichen sat on the Vytorin Steering Committee.
• $30M settlement against OSRAM Sylvania, Inc. for consumer fraud violations; Mr. Eichen was lead counsel.
• $19.2M award for the widow of a NJ Transit worker who died of lung disease; Mr. Eichen was lead counsel.
• $10.6M verdict against Ford on behalf of woman injured in a rollover incident; Mr. Eichen was lead counsel.
Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow, LLP represents New Jersey injury victims and families in individual and class action lawsuits. The firm maintains offices in Edison, Toms River, and Red Bank. The attorneys handle all manner of negligence claims, including those arising from:
• Medical Malpractice
• Birth Injuries
• Wrongful Death
• Catastrophic Injuries
• Products Liability
• Truck Accidents
• Vehicle Accidents
Name: Barry Eichen
Email: Send Email
Organization: Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow, LLP
Address: 40 Ethel Rd., Edison, NJ 08817
Release ID: 88994440