Exciting backyard trends have catapulted the humble garden shed into the spotlight. With the rise of at-home work agreements, multi-generational families living under one roof, and the popularity of “stay-cations”, homeowners have realized a shed is a unique and cost-effective way to add square footage to their property.
“Shed buyers have more custom requests than they dd a decade ago,” says Mike Martin, General Manager of Summit Structures of Oregon, LLC. The top 5 design trends requested for outdoor sheds we have received include:
1. Office Space: People work from home more today than ever. Whether one needs traditional office space or an artist studio, adding extra windows provides a bright place to concentrate with fewer distractions.
2. Gardening Shed: Where it all started! Even if it is only meant for storing yard tools, people want their sheds to match their houses and to create a cohesive feel that looks great.
3. Tiny Home Shell or Granny Pods: While traditional sheds are not typically meant for living quarters, when working with a contractor, quality-built sheds can be a perfect shell for creating ideal living or guest quarters.
4. Pub Hub or Snack Shack: With the popularity of stay-cations, people are heading to their backyard to spend quality time with friends and family. Sheds are the perfect base to create a custom party spot that’s a hit!
5. Man Cave or She Shed: Everyone likes a space to call his or her own! It is easy to create a handyman shop, TV room, craft room, or book nook. This is a great option for those with a packed house and need a backyard get-a-way.
“At Summit Structures of Oregon, we want our customers to be able to visualize their dream buildings by designing their sheds in a fun and exciting way online,” continued Martin. “Because of this, we have launched an amazing online design tool that lets customers create their dream sheds in a new way!”
The nifty tool, found at https://www.summitstructures-or.com, allows users to design their sheds with their color, roof, and siding preferences. Users can even add smaller details like where to place windows and add their preferred shed wall height. Soon, customers will even be able to add the extremely popular porch, dormer and garage packages.
Those who are considering a shed purchase for any of these reasons will want to utilize this new design tool!
About Summit Structures of Oregon
Summit Structures of Oregon, LLC is the premier designer and builder of portable sheds, garages, and outdoor buildings in Oregon. Headquartered in Albany, Ore., they specialize in offering a large variety of shed styles and siding options, paying close attention to the special needs of the Pacific Northwest area. For more information, visit https://www.summitstructures-or.com.
Release ID: 366690