November 2, 2020—Writer Primrose Roberts announced today the launch of her new book, “The Lost Covenant: 5 Ways of Reimagining the Black Experience.” The book, available through Amazon Kindle and in paperback, reimagines the black experience of slavery in the context of familiar stories in order to make it more accessible as a narrative.
The book covers:
– The whole story behind America’s enslavement and segregation of black people.
– How the “flood” of European slave ships uprooted Africans from their ancestral lands.
– How African Americans adapted to and navigated through the strange world thrust upon them.
– What we can learn by viewing the African American journey in the context of Homer’s The Odyssey and the story of Noah and the Flood.
– How understanding the Hero’s Journey and the Law of Attraction helps us to gain mastery of our own narratives.
“In much the same way as an ancient flood blindsided Noah’s world, the European’s eagerness for large-scale slavery devastated the lives and shackled the freedoms of millions of Africans,” said the author. “But the book illuminates that with resourcefulness, strength and determination, many of them survived this bewildering assault with extraordinary tenacity. This dogged determination is now a part of our rich history. It is in our DNA as a people and is there as a source from which we can draw strength to succeed in our individual journeys.”
In this creative look at African American history, Roberts draws parallels to how the “flood” of slave ships uprooted Africans from their ancestral lands and how African Americans adapted to and navigated through the strange world thrust upon them. By presenting the black experience in the context of Homer’s The Odyssey, a journey of epic proportion, and the biblical story of Noah and the Flood, Roberts hopes to give readers further insight into their extraordinary journey from slavery through the Black Live Matter Movement.
Release ID: 88983745