Earlier today, MSMAware Sdn Bhd announced the launch of MSMAware, its new MSMA (“Manual Saliran Mesra Alam Malaysia” or the “Urban Stormwater Management Manual for Malaysia” compliance drainage design software set to go live on 1 June 2015. For anyone with even a passing interest in the world of urban drainage design, this launch will be worth paying attention to, as it’s set to shake things up.
Currently, with even a passing glance, a person will notice the new MSMA software will make it easier for one to comply with the requirements of MSMA published by the Department of Irrigation and Drainage Malaysia (Jabatan Pengairan dan Saliran, JPS). The Managing Director at MSMAware Sdn Bhd, Dr. Quek, makes a point of saying “things are going to change when MSMAware launches”.
Dr. Quek continues… “Other competitors software are difficult to use, but not this software. It makes drainage design as easy as pressing the buttons 1, 2 and 3 on a computer. Ultimately this is going to be a huge benefit to the customers because it makes their life easier.”
MSMAware Sdn Bhd was established in 2013. It has been doing business 3 years and it has always aimed to innovate in any large or small way it can, due to the firm belief that innovation drives progress and greater happiness.
Currently, the closest thing to MSMAware is developed by a competitor, but MSMAware improved on this by making their software a lot more powerful and easier to use. This alone is predicted to make MSMAware Sdn Bhd’s MSMA compliance drainage design software more popular with customers in the drainage field in Malaysia, quickly.
MSMAware simplifies the task of drainage design for compliance with the requirements of MSMA as follows:
1. At the click of a mouse, one can select any one of the 135 stations in West Malaysia and 12 stations in East Malaysia on a google live map, and the software will compute the design storm, plot the IDF curves and generate a comprehensive report automatically.
2. To compute the peak discharge for any location in Malaysia using the Rational Method, select the nearest stations on a map, enter the catchment area and select the runoff coefficient and the software will compute the design discharge and generate a report automatically.
3. The same applies to the Time-Area Method where one can select the nearest station on a map and the software will automatically generate the design storm data, and use them in the convolution procedure to compute the discharge.
4. For On-Site Detention (OSD) design, the software will apply two methods of computing the Site Storage Requirements (SSR) i.e., the approximate Swinburne method in MSMA2 and the Swinburne method in the first edition.
5. For detention pond design, the software allows one to choose one out of three methods of computing the inflow hydrograph for reservoir routing i.e., Rational Method, Time-Area Method and user defined hydrograph. After selecting the nearest station, the software computes the design storm for the hydrograph computation automatically.
6. For culvert design, the software can replace nomographs in MSMA. Simply select any location in Malaysia, select the method of computing the peak discharge (Rational Method or the Time-Area Method), then compute the culvert size and upstream and downstream water levels.
MSMAware is targeted at the following professional groups e.g., civil engineers, architects, landscape architects, town planners, surveyors, quantity surveyors and environmental professionals.
Once again, MSMAware is set to launch on 1 June 2015. To find out more, the place to visit is why.msmaware.com.
For further information about MSMAware Sdn Bhd, this can be discovered at msmaware.com.
Release ID: 82510