Kesey Palethorpe of Fresh Flowers, in an interview with Melbourne based Transmedia Victoria said, “Like the growing trend in the popularity of orange flowers that we reported on last month, we have also noticed an increase in popularity of gerberas being requested to be included or featured in floral gifts being ordered. This is in line with similar comments made by Vogue, in an article they published last month highlighting the resurgence in popularity of this flower. “
Fresh flowers, in an earlier interview with Transmedia Victoria reported that orange is growing in demand as a year-round flower colour that people are asking for. The international Floral Daily news website has reported that over the years, in the US, the importance of the orange colour in flowers has increased, this is especially true for the retail market. The colour has gained in importance and industry sources there say that in roses, red accounts for 40 percent of sales and the remaining 60 percent consists of remaining colours, of which 15 percent is orange and this percentage is growing
Transmedia Victoria research found Americans, especially from June until Thanksgiving when it reaches its peak, orange is in high retail demand. The US public change colours according to the season and over the last three years, growers have been switching to a greater proportion of orange flowers as the colour is becoming of greater importance and expected to become even more in demand year-round than seasonal as it is now.
Juan Carlos Gonzalez, Executive VP at GR Chia S.A.S. in his recent interview with Floral Daily on the growing demand for orange coloured flowers said, “For our chrysanthemums for example, we are now also seeing a year-round demand, usually this was only grown during the fall season. And we expect the same will happen for the other flower crops.”
To learn more about Fresh Flowers and their range of florist services, visit the website here: freshflowers.com.au
About Fresh Flowers
Fresh Flowers is Australia’s leading online florist that are known for their amazing choice of fabulous flower bouquets, elegant boxed displays, floral gifts and charming leaf wrapped arrangements, all of which are created from the very finest quality of sourced blooms.
Not only can flowers be arranged for same day delivery across Australia by ordering before 2pm during the week or by 10am on Saturdays, but delivery can be arranged for up to twelve months in advance.
Release ID: 88934946